LANGLEY, B.C. – The first place Trinity Western men's hockey team will play host to the last place University of Victoria Vikes Friday night and Saturday afternoon.
Friday, Nov. 30 vs. University of Victoria – 7 p.m. (PT)
Saturday, Dec. 1 vs. University of Victoria – 12:30 p.m. (PT)
THE WEEKEND STORY
• After sweeping the Vikes last year (5-0 in the regular season and 2-0 in the playoffs), the Spartans will try to keep up their current eight-game win streak against Victoria dating back to 2016-17.
• The two teams most recently played only a week ago where the Vikes fell to the Spartans by a score of 8-1 at home.
• TWU enters the weekend three points ahead of the second-place Vancouver Island Mariners. However, the Spartans do have two games in hand.
• TWU's Lucas Mills (Burnaby, B.C.) sits first in the BCIHL with a 1.30 goals against average and a .953 save percentage.
• UVIC's Alec Dillon is seventh on the league leaders list with a 5.25 GAA and a .891 SV%.
• The Spartans Evan Last (Surrey, BC) and Dustin Deugau (Calgary, AB) come in tied for fourth in the BCIHL for points with 13.
• Last weekend Last became the Spartans all-time career leader in points, with 75 (22G and 53A) and is 26th in the BCIHL. However, he is just three points away from moving into the top 20.
• UVIC's leading point scorer is forward Otis Goldman with eight points, which is good for 14th in the BCIHL.
• The Vikes only win this year was a 7-4 victory over Selkirk (Oct. 19).
SPARTANS HEAD-TO-HEAD IN 2018-19
vs. University of Victoria (1-0)
Nov. 23 at Victoria W (8-1)
TRINITY WESTERN SPARTANS (8-1-0-0)
BCIHL ranking: 1st
BCIHL Streak: 3 wins
Regular Season Form: W-L-W-W-W
Last Weekend: Victoria (8-1 W), Vancouver Island (3-2 W)
VICTORIA VIKES (1-9-0-0)
BCIHL ranking: 5th
Streak: 7 losses
Regular Season Form: L-L-L-L-L
Last Weekend: Trinity Western (1-8) L